[3830] ARRL June VHF WA3NUF Single Op-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WA3NUF Single Op-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 05:22:16 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: WA3NUF
Operator(s): WA3NUF
Station: WA3NUF

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: FN20ke

    6:  179    68
    2:   96    31
  222:   29    15
  432:   30    15
  903:    9     6
  1.2:   11     7
  2.3:    4     3
  3.4:    5     4
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  363   149  Total Score = 72,861

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Good activity with 6M open the entire contest and even a few bursts of E's on
2M. The only local issue was that a number of higher band stations were not
available since the ops were on Mt Pocono operating the W3CCX club station. FT8
dominated 6 and 2. 222 and 432 activity was a big drop-off. The lack of an easy
means to get stations to QSY up is still a major detriment to getting the most
out of the higher bands.

My station held up fairly well but definitely needs work and a lot of TLC. 2304
was intermittent most of the contest. My 2M AMP developed a thermal issue which
caused power to fade 3 dB when activity was heavy on the band. At the end of the
contest my headset fell apart leaving me holding the pieces in my hand while
making the last few contacts for the weekend ;-)

Overall, I enjoyed the weekend and added several new grids to my totals.

Thanks to the rovers and everyone else that got on the air and make it a fun
time.

Phil WA3NUF