[3830] ARRL June VHF K7HKR Single Op-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, azswdxing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7HKR Single Op-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 01:39:02 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K7HKR
Operator(s): K7HKR
Station: K7HKR

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

    6:  115    78
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  115    78  Total Score = 8,970

3el at 29ft/9m, 90W, all FT8, only 6m, from AZ

I’m still having random problems with the IC-7100 putting out the appropriate
power and that's what I generally use for digital.  The plan was to check SSB
every so often with the IC-7300.  But, had to switch exclusively to the IC-7300
and WSJT-X/USB/rig settings are so fragile that I didn’t want to try to switch
back and forth.  It’s too bad because there were a lot of huge FT8 signals
during the sporadic-E openings so voice would have worked fine.

Only worked Saturday because I spent too much time and effort last weekend on
ARRL DIGI.  First had Es to the Pac NW through the Canadian prairie, then
widespread single and double hop east of the Mississippi.  Quite good
conditions.  Only 7 AZ contacts, so as usual this was almost all Es; last year
only worked 4 locals and no Es even monitoring on both days and didn't even
submit the log.  Peak 60 minutes was 38 QSOs, which is very good for FT8 and
certainly better than I would get on SSB.  I think this is my best VHF contest
both in QSOs and mults, but wish I had been able to give it a full effort.

2023-2055 10 QSOs (18/hr)
2210-2210  1 QSO
2356-0124 41 QSOs (28/hr)
0222-0409 63 QSOs (35/hr)