[3830] ARRL June VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KG6CIH/R Unlimited Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 19:14:30 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: KG6CIH/R
Operator(s): KG6CIH
Station: KG6CIH/R

Class: Unlimited Rover HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:   68    18
    2:   58    11
  222:   43    11
  432:   45    11
  903:   20     6
  1.2:   28     9
  2.3:   16     7
  3.4:   14     7
  5.7:    2     1
  10G:    8     2
  24G:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  310    93  Total Score = 59,334

Two contacts and one mult on each of 47 GHz, 122 GHz, and light.  Six more mults
for activating six grids - FN33, FN32, FN31, FN41, FN42, FN43.

I had no major problems this time, aside from a hard time making microwave
contacts that should have been easy.  Despite that, and a general feeling that I
wasn't doing as well as I should, it looks like I've got a new personal high
score.  I'm still missing out on the big 6m action that other people are seeing,
which is largely due to having no good way to operate that band while in
motion.

Of course, despite nothing going wrong, I still have a ton of improvements I
want to make for September in the hopes of breaking 100k eventually.

Thanks to the usual people for double digit contacts - AF1T, K1KG, K1TEO,
WB1GQR, W1MKY, and W2SZ.  Special thanks to WA1PBU for getting active on more
bands, K2QO/R for the surprise mults up through 3 GHz, Bill at W3CCX for
coordinating with rovers allowing working them through 3 GHz, and my wife for
making a pile of sandwiches so I don't have to stop for meals.

I'm always interested in adding to the list of people I'm texting at each stop,
so give me a mail if you think we can work.