[3830] ARRL June VHF W1VD Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W1VD Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:43:27 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: W1VD
Operator(s): W1VD
Station: W1VD

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: FN31

    2:  261    61
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  261    61  Total Score = 15,921

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

2M only operation. What started out as a planned minor effort turned into a
moderate effort spurred on by the quick buildup of logged grid squares.
Excellent representation from most grids even some of the tough ones ... with
maybe the exception of elusive (at least for me) FN23. Understand there was at
least one rover there but we didn't connect.

Meteors were good Sunday morning (12 contacts) and then the W5 sporadic E
opening Sunday night (3 contacts) both providing some extra excitement. The vast
majority of contacts were made on FT8 ... not by choice ... that's just the
nature of things anymore. Only made three or four cw contacts <sigh>.

Thanks to all who participated, especially the rovers, and the contest
sponsors.

Jay W1VD

p.s. tip of the hat to N2NT for the great 2 meter score!