[3830] ARRL June VHF W9KXI Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W9KXI Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 13:38:29 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  268   139  Total Score = 41,422

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Everything worked pretty well here.

My 6M antenna's life is in jeopardy as it is acting like an Omni.  I hear
signals off the front, the back and the back corners.  The front seems to have a
total beam width of 40 (or more) degrees.  Unless there is a good opening, I
hear very little in the way of SSB and what I do hear is extremely weak.  On
digital, it works pretty well...I don't have to move the beam to work stations
off the back of the beam.

Living in a valley in FN12ne, I was especially pleased with the 23cm
performance.  5 total contacts is good for this location.
My 23cm contacts:
FN11xm  101km
FN20ke  266km
FN43cd  430km