[3830] ARRL June VHF WI9WI Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF WI9WI Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 00:00:03 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: EN53
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

    6:  178    82
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  178    82  Total Score = 14,596

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

I usually go up north to our cabin in EN45 where I have better gear for this
one, but after being on the road for most of the past 3 weeks I didn't have the
energy for the 500 mile round trip. Here in southern Wisconsin conditions were
better on day 2 than day 1. Openings to all over at various times. The bulk of
my QSOs came across the southern tier from NM to FL. Late Sunday it opened to
New England and the west coast. Of my 178 QSOs 113 were FT8 in 6 hours, a rate
of 19/hr. 65 were CW in 1.5 hrs, a rate of 43/hr. Go figure why more people
aren't doing analog. Even the nocodies can get on phone. I even had a G0 call me
on CW, but I couldn't pull out his suffix and he faded out after a couple of
minutes.
Gear: K3S, KPA500 at 400 watts, JK 5 el yagi at about 25 ft.
Thanks for all the Qs.

73
Jim WI9WI