[3830] ARRL June VHF K0XF SO 3Band-Analog LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K0XF SO 3Band-Analog LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:09:58 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K0XF
Operator(s): K0XF
Station: K0XF

Class: SO 3Band-Analog LP
QTH: Colorado

    6:  325   126
    2:   11     3
  222:
  432:    4     1
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  340   130  Total Score = 43,160

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Pleasantly surprised at the excellent 6m conditions!  And as usual, almost
nothing on 2m and 432.  Just using non 6m wire antennas – 144’ doublet @
60’ and a 15m vertical dipole.  Saturday afternoon I only used the doublet and
didn’t hear / work many stations – on my last CQ, KH7Y called (CW) / wow!
Kept listening and didn’t hear anyone else so I was just about to shut down
for the day but decided to switch to my 15m vertical dipole.  It turned out to
be an excellent decision as I could now hear and work many stations.  6m was
good up to about 11pm local.  Used the dipole all day Sunday and had excellent
results, especially the last 1.5 hours of the contest where I had an excellent
run and most signals were S9+ - the band on SSB sounded like 20m wide open.  I
took off most of Sunday afternoon / evening for 5.5 hours to go on a 5½ mile
hike, so my score could have been much higher.  The hike was excellent and we
just barely missed the rain.  Raining here every day for more than a month with
heavy rains Sunday evening / night.  As always, lots of fun and 6m was as good
at times as I have ever heard it.