[3830] ARRL June VHF K9WX Single Op-All Modes LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timk9wx@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K9WX Single Op-All Modes LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:20:50 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K9WX
Operator(s): K9WX
Station: K9WX

Class: Single Op-All Modes LP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  199    95
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  199    95  Total Score = 18,905

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Antenna is a 3-element 6m beam at 25 feet.

Did you see much analog activity?  I had 22 CW QSOs and 22 phone QSO out of 199
total QSOs, so just over 20% of the total.  I know there are many VHF contesters
who want to keep the analog modes viable during this contest and hopefully they
were encouraged seeing that there was activity there.

But only 24 QSOs on FT4 which both surprised and disappointed me.  If FT8 is
open so is FT4.  Why do so few move to FT4 and take advantage of its superior
rate?  Granted, it may not be quite as sensitive as FT8, but the faster rate
more than compensates.

I was struck by how many ops insisted on receiving a redundant double
acknowledgement from me if I had been calling CQ before we worked.  See the
"Guidelines & Tips" section of
https://www.ncccsprint.com/ft4ns.html It refers to a different contest, but the
exchange and the principle should be identical to the ARRL VHF contest.

DXKeeper says I worked 15 new grids and 9 of those are already confirmed.