[3830] ARRL June VHF N6RO Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N6RO Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 05:53:38 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): KK6PXT KO6M N6RO N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Remote Operation

    6:  405   199
    2:   60    12
  222:    7     5
  432:   33    10
  903:    0     0
  1.2:   13     6
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  518   232  Total Score = 135,488

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This one was our best yet, doubling last year's score.  Prior to the contest we
all were not extremely motivated, due to the rules including DIGI in a
previously analog contest, and multi operations are not permitted to enter the
ANALOG category.  But we did it anyway, when Saturday started out quite well,
and Sunday was a joy on 6m. High bands were slightly better that last year,
limited to northern CA only.

The 6m team was KK6PXT, KO6M, N6WM.  N6RO did most of 2m, 222, 432, and 1296,
and last 10 min on 6m SSB (RO does not do FT!)  KO6M arrived early Saturday to
set up FT on the 6m station, and fix some connection problems on the UHF radio.
N6WM came in Sat. PM to check on the gang, made all 8 CW Qs, then FT8, for a
while, then coaching KK6PXT on FT.  Greg then charged into it on FT and SSB
until dark, alternating with KO6M. Dave and Greg provided full coverage all day
Sunday.  Dave and Greg commented that FT8 was more fun than expected, and that
90% of the ops were in CONTEST mode. Dave said there was a good opening to EU
FT8 in our morning.  We never worked a JA, as there was no opening in our
afternoon.  It was reported that JAs were in around the 06z hour, but we had all
gone QRT.

Station:
6m all modes:  Flex 6600m, 7L at 150', 5L at 120'
2m (9 el at 145'), 432 (21 el at 28')), 1296 (35 el at 30', all on IC9700 and
high power amps from BEKO and W6PQL). 2m FM was an Alinco transiever, TES amp.
to a Ringo Ranger on the chimney.

222:  K3 and Elecraft inverter, TESystems 180w amp, 10 el at 26'

QSO details on the modes on 6m:  cw 9; fm 2; ft8 234, ssb 160 (the latter was a
nice surprise, as we thot most activity would be on FT.

On 2m:  FM 9; SSB 51.  Qs on 222, 432, 1296 were all SSB.

So now, we look fwd to more VHF M/M activity, and I'm planning for more
hardware.

CU in the All Asia CW next weekend.

Ken N6RO