[3830] ARRL June VHF K7QA Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7QA@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7QA Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 04:34:36 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: DN26 MT
Operating Time (hrs): 16+

    6:  287   146
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  287   146  Total Score = 41,902

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Wow! The unpredictable and skittish Es clouds covered most all of the US for
what appeared to be the entire weekend. Only limited magic band activity here
since moving back to MT 8 years ago. 6m sounded more like 10 or even 15 from a
few years ago. Managed to get in some CW and SSB Qs while FT8 provided almost
non-stop action. But the heavy QSB killed too many FT8 half Qs. No DX but did
see some JA and KL7 being worked.

Snagged another 8 states and need only 5 more for 6m WAS. KH6 and KL7 remain
elusive. Lots of MT stations on in this one. When 0259 Z arrived at the end, it
seemed few paid any attention and just kept going.

Ran most of my FT8 Qs via Wifi on a kitchen laptop connected to the shack PC via
VNC so we could watch some TV with the XYL. She had no idea I was contesting.

Rig:  FTDX-101MP  SPE Amp  5 ele HB 6m yagi at 38ft  13 ele HB tribander  2 ele
HB 40m yagi  2 tower DA shunt fed 80m & 160m  Rx ants: 3 el Hi-Z, 40m fw
H-loop, K9AY Loop, 465ft NE/SW Beverage, 350ft NW/SE Beverage. Details on
QRZ.com