[3830] ARRL June VHF K3MM Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K3MM Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 03:34:49 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: K3MM
Operator(s): K3MM
Station: K3MM

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: MD

    6:  270   107
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  270   107  Total Score = 28,783

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well it was an expensive weekend for me.  My new-to-me 6m amp developed a TR
relay problem which apparently toasted the RF output of my FLex 6600m.  I didnt
realize the amp caused the Flex failure at first,so I casually figured out how
to use my Ftdx101d with the amp, when it started having the same hanging PA
relay problem.  Fortunately it just shut down the power when the relay was
hanging so it survived.  So I ran it barefoot the rest of the day...while I read
and discovered that apparently the Yaesu is not set up to do transverters!   So
after spending the time to hook up my trusty old DEM 2m transverter to the Flex
I was off 2 meters with even 25 watts.  Sigh.

6 meters must have been open to TX the entire contest !  EU not so much.  The
last couple of hours it opened to the west coast nicely, but fighting to be
heard.  I worked more "analog" than I had expected...about 40% vs 60%
FTx which was about 70% FT8 and 30% FT4.  FT4 definitely faster but no depth .

73, Ty K3MM