[3830] ARRL June VHF NR4O Single Op-All Modes HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF NR4O Single Op-All Modes HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 03:31:34 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2023

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: Single Op-All Modes HP
QTH: NC - FM05

    6:  223   118
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  223   118  Total Score = 26,314

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Missed all of Saturday due to family obligations.  When I started Sunday morning
I didn't think it was going to go this well.  Very few signals on the band and
the first hour was very slow.  Then all of sudden it seemed like the waterfall
filled with signals.  I averaged about 25 per hour on FT8 all afternoon with one
hour down to about 15 when I took a break for dinner early evening.  Then things
remained pretty good until 9pm local when the rates started to drop as the sun
set here in central NC.  I'm pretty sure this was my best VHF contest score.
The openings to the midwest and west kept on giving plenty of Q's.  I took a
couple short moves to FT4 that really helped the rates in the early evening with
a couple quick bursts of 10 Q's.

Anyway the rates were good enough to keep me in the chair for 11 hours unlike
the past few VHF contests where things were just too slow to keep my interest.
One highlight was working W1FET/MM in FL67 off the side of my Moxon somewhere
out in the Atlantic.  Worked a few rovers in 2 different grids as well.

Thanks for the Q's.

73,
Eric - NR4O

Flex-6600