[3830] ARRL Dig KO6M SO1R-24 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dwest24@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig KO6M SO1R-24 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 23:25:43 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2023

Call: KO6M
Operator(s): KO6M
Station: KO6M

Class: SO1R-24 LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   10:    4
Total:  101  Total Score = 764

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

(What follows is a rant.)

What a contest? I don't mean to be that guy but my kids came into the shack and
wondered what I was even doing.  No headphones on.  No Speakers.  No noise that
was radio related.  I said "it's doing a thing.  Can't you tell?  Can't you
just feel it?" Then I said, "yeah.... nor can I."

I get FT4/FT8 for DX and for people like me with a lousy station.  I see that
it's like a gateway drug to being bigger and better but it is painful in a
contest.  There was more activity in the non contest section but then you have
to deal with actual reports and it always seems those qsos take longer.  I just
want your grid.  You can keep your signal report.  Oh... You actually want/need
to hear my RR73?  I've sent it seven times, you just told me my signal was +10
and now you can't hear my thank you for thanking me?  Ugh... back to the contest
section.

I wish some of the other digital modes had been heard this weekend.  Those would
have been fun to use.  We could call it the "Classics Contest".

Sorry end of rant.

I couldn't tell if conditions were bad or if it was just me, it seemed like I
could never get good traction. Totally sat out at night and ignored 40/80/160.
I honestly meant to get back on the air but sleep won me over.

Great job to those that stuck with it.  I'm sorry to my team "The
Prestidigitators" that I only had the patience for 101 qsos.

73!

Flex 6400
10/15/20/40 dipole in a tree