[3830] ARRL Dig NR4O SO2R-8 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nr4o@att.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig NR4O SO2R-8 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 22:46:12 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2023

Call: NR4O
Operator(s): NR4O
Station: NR4O

Class: SO2R-8 LP
QTH: NC - FM05
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  299  Total Score = 1,834

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Couldn't start until ~10pm Saturday local time and quit 2 hours later when I was
falling asleep between FT4 Q's.  The rates were quite good for most of that
time.  Unfortunately, the op just ran out of gas from the busy day.  Got a
couple more hours in Sunday morning between 8-10am local time and the rates on
20m FT4 were disappointing compared to the evening rates Saturday.  15m wasn't
any better. I had 120 Q's in the first 2.5 hrs of operating.  It took me 5.5 hrs
to get the next 179 Q's.  The rates on Sunday were half of what they were on
Saturday evening. Initially I thought I'd be able to get 300 Q's in 6 hours of
operating.  I came up 1 short of the Q goal and it took 8 hours to get there.

After operating mostly FT4 on Saturday, waiting for an FT8 Q to complete seemed
like an eternity.  I'm guessing the number of ops active on Saturday was higher
than on Sunday.  Glad I was able to get on for this one.

73,
Eric - NR4O