[3830] ARRL Dig K9WX SO2R-8 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Dig K9WX SO2R-8 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2023 17:14:04 +0000
                    ARRL Digital Contest - 2023

Call: K9WX
Operator(s): K9WX
Station: K9WX

Class: SO2R-8 LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 8
OpMode: SO2R

Total:  400  Total Score = 2,911

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Entering in the 8 hour category.

The FT4 QSOs zip right along, especially when operating SO2R.  But at some point
the rates slow down and you have to switch to FT8 for a while.  More points per
QSO on average for 15m but not as many stations to work.  I checked 10m several
times but never heard anyone.  That would have been sweet.  Never ran out of
stations to work but there were some loud stations that just could not hear me.
It was never necessary to shift up the band 2 kHz to find an open spot.  Don't
know what that might mean about participation.  Had quite a few dupes.  Some
were my fault and some I can point the finger at the other op.

        Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts  Mul  Pt/Q
          14  FT4    159     816    0   5.1
          14  FT8     75     575    0   7.7
          21  FT4    116    1033    0   8.9