[3830] WPX CW OM7K(OM7RU) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OM7K(OM7RU) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 22:44:51 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: OM7K
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 36
OpMode: SO2R

Club: OM0M DOZEN DASHES CONTEST CLUB

Comments:

Conditions were fine this year, but hope for better one, maybe in next
contests.

I started the contest in "panic mode". I updated DXLog to the newest
version, I considered few improvements like useful, so why not? Right after the
start of the contest I realised, that something is wrong. Confused TX messages
in S&P, damaged timing, no DX cluster... and many others. Simply - all
previous updates worked well right after installation, except v2.5.46. I spent
first two hours of the contest by searching of solutions, so rate had to be
lower and it really was... Then also 40m InvVee with high SWR, practically
dead.

Bands were partially opened to various directions, but I didn't have real long
pileup to any direction on any band. 10m and 160m only to have a few more mults.
15m was also fine, but this contest is mostly about 40m and 20m. Long openings
of 20m were the evidence about conDX improving. But still plenty of weak and
QRMed signals on all bands.

Highlight was funny boy, who made "shadowing" of my CQ cca 150 Hz
beside me. He was calling regular CQ with my callsign! It took cca 10 minutes
and I was thinking, how many times he did it during the whole contest. I can do
nothing, except hope, that it won't be considered as "two signals on the
band" with corresponding consequences...

Great party, I made personal WPX CW record in QSOs, mults, points and also final
score. Satisfied :)
Thanks to all participants!

Used equipments:
 Kenwood TS-590SG
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 OM Power 3500A
 ACOM 2000A
 microHAMs: MK2R+, 2x Station Master, doubleTEN, ARCO
 2x OM Power OM6BPF
 DXLog

Antennas:
 160m: Half Sloper