[3830] WPX CW ZX2E(PY2ZEA) SOSB10 Unassisted Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, PY2ZEA@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZX2E(PY2ZEA) SOSB10 Unassisted Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 21:11:48 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ZX2E
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PV2G

Class: SOSB10 HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: GG68IG

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Many thanks to Stephano, PT2IC, PV2G, for offering me to operate WPX CW in his
brand new contest QTH !!

He moved to this area last year. After settling down with the family,
finding a decent contest QTH was the next task.

After six month of intense searching, Stephano finally found a warehouse
building  in a rural area, about 6 km from his home,(and only 99 km from my home
!)

The horizon there is free in all directions. The noise level is very low.
There is only one neighbor, whose house is 100 meters away. The resident family
is very friendly. (they seem to be pleased to have new company in that sparsely
populated area...even hams are ok...)

Stephano operated as PV2G, first in CQ WW SSB 2022, and last in the recent WPX
SSB.

Antennas: One 18 m high tower with 5 over 5 over 5 monobanders for 28 MHz.
          One fixed to EU, one to NA, and the top one rotary.

Rig:      my K3 and Stephano's ACOM 2000A.

Some minor problems:
 - the top yagi was fixed to NA due to a rotor problem
 - the stack match box had some difficulties with switching
 - I slept too late in the first morning, because I had trusted in VOACAP.
   Europe opened earlier than VOACAP predicted.

    73, TNX FOR QSOs

    Ville ZX2E PY2ZEA OH2MM