[3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 11:13:44 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD LZ1PM LZ1UQ LZ1VS LZ1PJ LZ1BJ LZ1FG LZ2CJ LZ2UU LZ2HQ LZ3FM
LZ4AE LZ5DI IZ2GRG HB9DQP
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

   40: 1373
   20: 2302
   15: 1908

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

One more WPX CW Contest is over.
We haven't seen Murphy coming to our shack for quite some time, but this time he
hit us hard.
We lost 3 el yagi on 80m few hours before the start of the contest and it was
possible to repair it only on Sunday afternoon, so most of the operation on 80m
band was done with simple dipole.
In spite of the problem with the yagi until 21.00Z on Saturday contest was going
well for us. Some minor problem with an amplifier, but it was fixed shortly. At
around 21.00Z on Saturday one of the computers in network suddenly started
generating enormous number of DUPES of a QSO with one station. (we use WINTEST)
It generated 4500 dupes and it became impossible for the network to cope with
it. We were not able to operate normally and we had to stop and fix the problem.
Unfortunately fixing the problem while preserving the log took us 6 hours. So
after being six hours QRT we continued just for fun.
But if there was one more hour to go, in spite of long QRT period, we should
probably catch up at least with LN8W guys. ;-)

THANKS for QSOs to ALL who called us.
See ya all in October for CQWW DX SSB.

Wally LZ2CJ,
on behalf of LZ9W Contest Team