[3830] NCCC FT4-Sprint K6UFO QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC FT4-Sprint K6UFO QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 01:35:53 +0000
                    NCCC FT4 Sprint - Jun 2

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: K6UFO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): .2
Remote Operation

   20:   7     6
Total:   7     6  Total Score = 42

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

OK, a second try - not that I'm any better prepared...
Nothing on 10m, not even the FT8'ers.
Our 15m freq is occupied by T31TT and his big pileup.
But the NS'ers charge in anyway.

But on my first TX, WSJT-x crashes. It also seems to have reset all the
settings.
Several tries, retries, installs and restarts later, it is working again. I
catchup
on 20m and make 5 QSOs S&P.

I decide to try a CQ, and get a response, but WSJT-x goes complete
non-responsive.
OK, kill it, start again, and make another S&P QSO - All good!
In the interests of proper practice, I try a CQ!
 - and yes it locks up again, so its the end of my 30 minute practice.

Well, that was disappointing. From 21 Qs last week down to 7.
I use a different WSJT-x configuration for other HF and VHF operating without
these problems, so I suspect its the special improved version and being in NS
FT4
that is my problem.  Do I care? Not until next week.
I'll use my other configuration for ARRL Digi this weekend and see if it goes
OK.

NN7SS CN87 (op K6UFO)

15m, 20m: 3 element yagi at 72 feet

Flex-6600 at 5 watts
RemoteHamRadio.com, WSJT-x version Ughh.