[3830] WPX CW ES7A(ES7GM) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ES7A(ES7GM) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 15:12:17 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ES7A
Operator(s): ES7GM
Station: ES7A

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: KO28SJ

   15: 2520

In early May I had plan to go SOAB, but since whole month has been super
exhausting, I decided to do the SO15 category. I've been feeling constantly
sleepy as of late. Past weeks were quite busy and I never really had time to do
the improvements I wanted to do.

Spent most of the Friday reconnecting everything back together at the station. I
did some analysis of previous years and it felt that starting a bit later would
be a good idea. Overall I personally think that there were 2 strategies - start
at 00:00z and then make some morning/afternoon breaks, or start a bit later and
carry on throughout the day. I chose second option. Everything would have been
just fine and initial plan was to make a short 3-4 hour break after the first
day. I even set 2 alarms to wake up at 01:00z, but my body wasn't having any of
it. Eventually woke up few hours after the alarm. By then I knew, that only way
to success was to have good long band opening Sunday evening. Sadly Sunday was
much worse than Saturday. So in last 3 hours I made only 31 QSO's. Band just
dropped heavily up North. Nevertheless it was fun to check scores online and to
see what strategies everyone else had. Good job guys!

PS! What really grind my gears is the HUGE amount of bad RBN spots. Having ES
prefix is one good headache. Shouldn't robots be able to work near 99%
perfection? I wasn't even sending that fast. Average speed was between 30-32WPM.
I understand when human error is involved (there was quite a few EI7A bad
spots). But seeing spots from RBN like EI7A, I7A, I7T, EI7T, ES7T on my
frequency was just sad. Out of those 2520 QSO's I worked 135 dupes. 135 dupe
QSO's is more than half an hour of contest time. I worked 106 operators twice,
27 guys I worked 3 times and 2 fellas came to call me 4 times. WOW!

73!
Kris, ES7GM