[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 20:16:10 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z May 31

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

Total:  93  Mults = 89  Total Score = 8,277

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one was pretty bizarre. Signals were nice and loud on all bands for a
change. Couldn't get much going on 20 meters at the beginning , so went to 15
and worked pretty much everyone I could hear in a single pass up the band. Back
to 20 for some S&P and spent several minutes getting zero response to calls.
I eventually determined that the K4 was actually in split mode, despite all the
front panel indicators saying otherwise. A quick toggle of SPLIT mode fixed the
problem. By then, I was hopelessly behind the 8-ball. Managed a few minutes of
decent rate on 20 with a run and then went to 40 for a run for the last 10
minutes. Hope the radio doesn't go psycho like that again! See everyone next
week at 1300Z.

73...
Randy, W8FN