[3830] WPX CW VC7G(@VE7UF) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VC7G(@VE7UF) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 08:56:22 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VC7G
Operator(s): VA7DX VE7KW VE7NZ VE7JH VE7ZO VE7MR VE7UF VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Courtenay IOTA NA36

   20: 1721
   15: 1324

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This station has slowly declined due to a grow-op operating close to it in 2017.
The grow-op shut down 1 and 1/2 years ago.  VE7MR, VE7ZO, VE7JH and myself have
been doing repair work on the towers and antennas since this spring. The station
is still down one 40M beam, the rotor for our OB 21-3 tribander, one half of
reflector element of one of our 5 over 5 over 5 10M monoband stack beams, one
80M 4 dipole antenna for the 150 tower, and a TH6 on the 90 tower works on 10M
only.

We welcomed VE7NZ to the team for this contest. Band conditions were very poor
for 10M and the low bands were very noisy + propagation was also very poor.  20M
and 15M were the good.  There was a good EU opening on 20M and less good on 15M
the first night, but the second night was not good on all bands.

Our thanks go to all that called us and we hope to CUL in November.

Duane  VE7UF