[3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 20:27:29 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 9:40

  160:    0
   80:    5

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

My goal was to have fun and improve my decoding/recording of
CW numbers.  There is nothing like the WPX CW to show me how
much help I need: above about 25 wpm I still need to hear the
exchange at least twice to have any confidence I got it right,
especially on Sunday when many stations are into quad-digits.

I could have easily doubled, maybe tripled my score if this was
not the case.  As I am 100% S&P the Sunday rate was especially
low, as I waited for another ham to call the running station
I was logging. (Everyone else on the band had already had
their Q.)

And where was 10?  Fifteen was the place to be, 160 was
non-existent not surprisingly, and 80 wasn't much to speak
of.  The good weather and the Celtics cut into my BIC
time too -- mostly to reduce my frustration level with my
CW abilities!

But I still enjoyed the time I was on.

Official (60 minute) BIC time = 14:39 / Actual BIC = 9:40
100% S&P/C&P
Rig: TS-590SG
Log: N3FJP's CQ WPX 4.9.7
Antennas:
   160/80/40  Fan dipole: trapped 80/40/30 [SE-NW] AND trapped
       160/75 [S-N, with North end turning a few times to
       fit in the yard] @ 35' at center, ~15'at ends
   20  HB Moxon @ 36'
   15  Rotatable Dipole @ 33'
   10  HB 5el yagi @ 30'