[3830] WPX CW ON3DI SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ON3DI SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 19:32:02 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi all

This was my first activity of 2023. After a promotion at work I skipped WPX
RTTY. Was really looking forward to this one. Persumed the conditions were
getting better, curious how 15m and 10m would perform. No SB operation, working
some new bandslots and like last year goal was 1k qso's and 1mil points.

The plan was to start on 20m and see if there was any activity learned by the
years that you have to work it when you get the chance. Anyway was in time QRV
worked some USA before the contest who were strong and thought why I don't check
the other bands. Heard some signals on 15m too... Knew that the rates would be
lower by chasing DX but thought it would be worthed and it was. First 40 qso's
on 15m and 20m were all DX. Most of it USA, was a really nice way to start the
contest. Just had the feeling the most USA/VE stayed on higer bands, was pitty.
Understand that they woud stay on 40m and not to go 80m because of the
pointsystem, but must think they had fun on higher bands. Low bands were more or
less a EU party. Tim to time I check higher bands. Still worked USA and VE
around 6-7 utc