[3830] WPX CW WK7S(K6LL) SOSB15 TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WK7S(K6LL) SOSB15 TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 17:13:04 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WK7S
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SOSB15 HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: AZ

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I was planning a fairly serious effort in 15 Meter Single Band category, but a
new local noise source popped up and was S9+ across most of the band.  On
Saturday, I did some noise source detecting, and found it to be coming from my
next door neighbor's house.  I was able to reposition my portable flag antenna
and preamp so it could hear the noise very well, and used that to cancel the
noise from the big antenna using one of my MFJ 1026's.  By that time, I was out
of the money in the contest, so I just played around a little. I also fired up
KZ7X on 20M in the last hour or so of the contest, and that was a great little
44 wpm world-wide runfest!  Thanks for the QSO's.