[3830] WPX CW IB9T(IT9BLB) SOSB40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, it9blb@infcom.it
Subject: [3830] WPX CW IB9T(IT9BLB) SOSB40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 16:39:06 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: IB9T
Operator(s): IT9BLB
Station: IB9T

Class: SOSB40 LP
QTH: Palermo, JM68QE
Operating Time (hrs): 34:26

   40: 1031

Club: ARIPA DX Team

Comments:

Again some SOSBs LP @ IB9T. For this CW leg we organized three SOSBs and I run
IB9T on 40m.
Using our 4-Square and a spare simple triangular loop, I made my heavy hours on
40m. On both days the band wasn't really interesting and challenging. Low power
traffic was 90% in search and pounce, using both VFOs and cluster spots: not too
much fun when done that long.
The high percentage of QSOs with Europe (73.9%), compared to other contests
using the same setup, demonstrates the bad conditions on the long skip. I still
had a lot of fun, despite the effort in working almost only by searching.
Thanks for all the QSOs and see you soon on air!

Joe IT9BLB
one of IB9T