[3830] WPX CW NH6O SOAB Unassisted Classic QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NH6O SOAB Unassisted Classic QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 07:27:49 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: NH6O
Operator(s): NH6O
Station: NH6O

Class: SOAB QRP
Class Overlay: Unassisted Classic
QTH: Honolulu HI
Operating Time (hrs): 1:52

Total:  13  Prefixes = 12  Total Score = 420

Park portable - Elecraft KX3, vertical 9.5m end-fed suspended in tree.

My operating time was very limited by other commitments this weekend, and the
brief time I did have available (Sunday morning local, 17-20z) coincided with
dreadful propagation. 10 and 15 were dead at 17z. There were many signals on 20,
but very few were stronger than S2 and thus unworkable for me.

My 20 meter contacts in the first hour were Japan, West Coast USA, and the 2 KH6
multi-ops. I took a long break at 18z to see if FT8/FT4 were any better for me,
but signals were very poor there as well. Returning to CW at 1930, I managed 2
more JA's and 2 central US stations on 20m, but conditions were still poor. I
finished by snagging the only 2 stations I could hear on 10 - CW5W and LU8DPM
before I had to quit at 2010z.

Not a great event for me this year, but maybe next year will be better. Thanks
to all who heard me for the contacts!

73/72, Bob in Honolulu