[3830] WPX CW WT2P SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt2p@cedrick.io
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WT2P SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 05:28:21 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Originally was planning on 1100q's / 36 hours, but my friends convinced me to go
out on Friday night instead of sitting in front of the radio. Glad I chose to go
out with friends and enjoy a nice wine tasting and dinner.

Got home late and decided to see how the bands were. Was surprised to be able to
run on both 40 and 20 until 0600z. 20 was open all night.

Came back Saturday afternoon and poked around on 20/15. 10 was pretty
non-existent Saturday. Later Saturday afternoon 20 really opened up to Europe
and made for some good runs calling CQ.

Took a bit of a break, and came back to dabble on the low bands. Had a couple
good runs on 40 around sunset and EU sunrise.

Sunday afternoon was a slog, but used that to really snipe multipliers on
20/15/10. It seemed condx on Sunday weren't as good as Saturday afternoon.

No equipment malfunctions, and was able to get the RX antennas out to help, even
on the high bands. DXE delivered the last missing pieces Friday afternoon as I
was wrapping up work.

Decided to operate only 24 hours, since I knew I wouldn't be able to do 36. I
had fun.

WT2P