[3830] WPX CW WJ4X(N4XL) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, knason00@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WJ4X(N4XL) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 00:27:55 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: WJ4X
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 35
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    2
   80:    3

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Personal best claimed score for Single Op.

Stopped using SO2R for a year, but made a few dozen using it in this one. Still
very uncoordinated at it and apologize to those I made wait.

Wish 10 meters was open more than it was. As K3DNE noted 15 was better here in
SC than 10 or 20. Early on I had horrible trouble with 160, 80, and 40 and
figured they were dead too. Finally switched to the vertical and the bands came
alive. Walked outside and wind storm had caused the L to collapse. Use base
mounted tuner and it managed to find an SWR match through the 4:1 balun, but I'd
missed a good chunk of the Friday night opening to EU.

Besides the 13 hours off, I took an additional three 40 minute breaks that hurt
my BIC time. Real life intrusions. Good to chase WC4E on the scoreboard, but he
walked away from me fairly early on.

Congrats to the NR4M crew which included WN4AFP and N4IQ from the Swamp Fox
Contest Group. They had a fantastic outing.

I'm too rusty at contesting in general and CW in particular due to around four
months off. Had COVID and missed a couple events. Expecting quite the score
reduction.

73 Kevan N4XL