[3830] WPX CW N1RM SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N1RM SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 00:20:27 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N1RM
Operator(s): N1RM
Station: N1RM

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:00

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Jam-packed weekend, not even counting the holiday.  Started out Friday night
doing a shift at NR4M and had a great time. Picnic Saturday afternoon and opera
Saturday night. Sang at church Sunday morning and played in a piano recital
Sunday afternoon. I still had a couple of brain cells functioning so I jumped on
for a couple of hour at the end of the contest using my own station. I think
it's time for bourbon and sleep, probably in that order.

Twenty was a pleasure to work Sunday evening.  Noise was low and signals were
loud. Station worked great, but I found that when using 180 mode on the SteppIR,
the SWR is up to 2.5, and in normal it's about 1.2.  Make no sense since neither
the driven element nor the antenna relay should be doing much during that
change.  Just got the parts to replace the EHU brushes, so I'll be giving it a
going over in the next couple of weeks.

Had a blast this weekend.  Mucho thanks to Steve, NR4M, for letting me operate
his amazing station Friday night.

73,
Rick
N1RM