[3830] WPX CW SO5CW(DJ5CW) SOAB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW SO5CW(DJ5CW) SOAB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 23:12:24 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: SO5CW
Operator(s): DJ5CW
Station: SO5CW

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: KO01MW

  160:    1

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IC746PRO, 2/2/3el tribander @ 12m, Inv-V Trap-DP 40/80 @ 10m, 40m vert, 20m
triple leg

The rotator was broken, so the beam was pointing NA most of the time. I only
rotated it manually a few times on Sunday afternoon, which required climbing up
the tower - not too much fun. On Saturday I tried to work the other directions
with the vertical antennas, which didn't work well.

I started in Classic category (unassisted) but on Sunday morning I decided I
wanted to put in some more hours so I switched on RBN and tried to catch up a
bit. My main objective was testing my station and finding out what works well
and what does not, so I spent a lot of time switching between antennas and also
listening to my competition to compare what we hear. The QTH is very quiet so
often I felt really weak with 100W because I could hear so much more than I
could work.

Conditions were pretty good, with great openings all over the world on 20/15
(and some 10m) at night - even with LP I could sustain some longer periods of
CQing that went beyond the initial RBN rush. About 850 run and 950 S&P QSOs
in the log.

As far as I know, the only other SO5 stations were SO5N and SO5UT who both did
SB 10m, so I had an exclusive prefix on the other bands, which certainly
helped.

73
Fabian, DJ5CW / SO5CW