[3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT AH7RF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 08:43:10 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 0700Z May 18

Call: AH7RF
Operator(s): AH7RF
Station: AH7RF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): .75

Total:   4  Mults = 3  Total Score = 12

Hello from Magic Island, Oahu!

Operated next to Bob NH6O. He had his usual endfed and his KX3. I had christmas
lights and my FT450d. The plan was to operate the CWT with 5W, but after a lot
of misery, decided to up my power to 25W to get at least 1 DX contact (thanks
VK2GR!!).  I worked Bob NH6O and Stan AH6KO with the christmas light antenna, as
well as ZL4YL (before the CWT!).

The nice thing with the CWTs is you can experiment with your antenna, and get a
sense of how things are when you work the usual contacts.  And what I can say is
as entertaining as christmas lights are (they do light up if you throw more than
5 W at them), this was a terrible antenna! 😂  I'll go back to a more sensible
antenna next week!

And as always, it's a lot more fun with a friend in the park to do these
contests, especially with strange antennas...

Thanks for the contacts, and see you next week!

Aloha and 73

Heather
AH7RF