[3830] 50SprngSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 50SprngSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 17:22:15 +0000
                    50 MHz Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: NV4B/R
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 3:55

K4CNY and I used the Saturday of the Sprint to scout some operating locations
for the upcoming June VHF Contest and ended up at Morris State Park in EM46xn
where I have operated on two previous occasions.

Due to a chemical spill that shut down the I-40 bridge in Memphis, I was delayed
over 30 minutes getting across the Mississippi River, and as a result, I was not
QRV from EM46 on the 3-element beam until 6:45.  However, this location produced
several QSOs across the Midwest and Southeast.  There were flashes of
sporadic-E, but I could not be heard by any of the distant stations I called.

I stayed at EM46 for about an hour, at which time I had worked everyone I could
hear.  I then headed home via EM56 and EM55, operating in motion on the
quarterwave mobile whip.  This yielded one QSO from EM56 and three QSOs from
EM55.  Thanks to AG4V for QSOs from all three grids and to N4JQQ for also
following me around and working me from two.

I am going to look for hardware to be able to run my squalo for 6m mobile going
forward.  I am missing out on too many local contacts by being cross-polarized.

Rig:  ICOM IC-7100 at 100W
Stop 'n' shoot antenna:  MFJ-1762 3-element 6m Yagi
Run 'n' gun antenna:  MFJ-1728B quarterwave whip