[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, VE3CRU@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt VE3CRU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 20:20:18 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1  Max Dist(km) = 1  Total Score = 1

At the beginning of the contest I made all aware that I was going to sit back
and watch those contesting trying to make skeds on ON4KST.  Later, I decided to
try
a qso with N2WK who has a very strong station, from home at 280 fasl.  I knew
the qso was likely not going to work but had to try as this was the only bearing
I could run from inside the house, on both 902 with 10 elmts and 20W FM, and
1296
with a 23 looper and 10W.  Nothing heard.  Later, took another try and again,
nothing heard.  I am a dxer now and this was fun, seeking Americans.

No longer will I be operating vhf from inside the house.  The hills are alive!
A big difference between 280 fasl and 1100 fasl, or 1750 fasl , not driving
there anymore.

Got a 6M whip on the vehicle to snoop in the 6M Sprint forthcoming.

Good luck to all in the forthcoming Sprint, and thanks to the sponsoring team
for all of the Sprints.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU ........ like reading Soapboxes, be sure to submit yours