[3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE3NRT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 20:05:49 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1900Z MaY 10

Call: VE3NRT
Operator(s): VE3NRT
Station: VE3NRT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON

Total:  75  Mults = 75  Total Score = 5,625

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

Several stations showed up nearby just after the start which prompted me to turn
on the amplifier. I don't think it did much for the QRM but unless my memory is
foggy today I worked plenty of CWops members for the first time, so I might stay
in the HP class for the afternoon session at least while the warm weather lasts.
The QRM made it hard to copy the weaker calls so thank you all for the greater
than usual number of fills needed today. I find the bandmap helps me pick a
clear frequency but it seems not everyone likes to use it.

The NE/SW path for the SteppIR works out well because at the flip of a switch I
can work Europe, the Southwest US, or both. I love that, although lots worked
off the back of the beam.

73, and thanks for the calls.

Chris VE3NRT

Elecraft K3, KPA500 if HP