[3830] InQP K9WX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] InQP K9WX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 09:47:59 +0000
                    Indiana QSO Party - 2023

Call: K9WX
Operator(s): K9WX
Station: K9WX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 7
OpMode: SO2R

  160:
   80:   80      2
   40:  129     37
   20:  117     31
   15:    4
   10:
--------------------
Total:  330     70  CW Mults = 70  Ph Mults = 34  Total Score = 75,920

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I no longer have my 2011 Nissan Rogue that served so well as an HF mobile.  So,
2023 was planned as a portable operation from a rare county.  That morphed into
a full time operation from home.  Which morphed into a part time operation from
home.  So the contest became more of an easy jog rather than a full-out sprint,
and not a bad way to spend a day.

The bands were dead the first half of the contest, as if every QSO partner was
operating QRP. Mid-contest they started to open up and by the end of the contest
they were pretty decent.  Until the storms moved in, making 80 meters a steep
challenge  I ended up with more breaks than I had planned and was forced to
unplug for the last hour of the contest.  N1MM says I operated 7 of the 12
contest hours.

Every year I look at my INQP score and say, "I should have spent more time
on phone."  I knew that going into this one.  Yet this year I had only 70
phone QSOs, although half of those were mults, so I had quality if not quantity.
 Nevertheless, next year, I need to spend more time on phone.

Thanks to the mobile, portable and rover stations.  You activate a lot of
counties that would not otherwise be available as mults.