[3830] MWaveSprngSprnt W9SZ/R Rover QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9sz.zack@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MWaveSprngSprnt W9SZ/R Rover QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 06 May 2023 20:09:36 +0000
                    Microwave Spring Sprint - 2023

Call: W9SZ/R
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ/R

Class: Rover QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

Total:  QSOs = 12  Max Dist(km) = 314  Total Score = 2,534

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well, the contest seemed to start OK. I wasn't hearing on 10 GHz as well as
expected, but I made some QSO's. I started out in EN50rl and made 10 QSO's from
there. Then I moved to EN60af.

The wind had picked up greatly in the time I traveled from one grid to another.
As I was setting up the 1296 antenna in EN60, the wind blew it down before I
could get the guy ropes fastened to it. It bent the boom. I decided to try using
it anyway. I did make one QSO with it in the new grid. Then I made one QSO on 10
GHz; as soon as I finished, the wind blew the tripod over and destroyed my 10
GHz feed. It also bent the dish slightly. I tried to make QSO's with one more
station but we were unsuccessful on any band I had left. I took everything down
and went home.

So my band totals were:
1296 - 4
2304 - 1