[3830] FlQP N8II SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP N8II SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 16:54:28 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~17

   40:   80     20
   20:  272    219
   15:   44     16
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  396    255  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 59  Total Score = 263,844

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A personal best probably for me, better than last couple of years. N1MM shows
19:11 hours operating, but my less than 30 minute breaks were often nearly 30
and done several times.

The QRN in the south centered on Florida from storms made for driving misery and
listening misery for many FL ops. Thanks so much to the mobiles for sticking
with their plans and making it a great FQP! It was so bad my first 40M QSO was
not until 2218Z. I heard FL in the 21Z hour but was unable to break through the
noise; WB4TDH made several attempts to copy me to no avail. We worked easily
later. My 40M signal is inferior to K7SV and N4DJ in nearby VA; they worked
several stations who were unable to pull me through.

The QRN was so bad in FL Saturday even on 20, that some ops were seeking refuge
on 15 such was K4C/NF4A. The QRN definitely hurt my 20 meter phone run, but I
still worked about 140 Q's Saturday and signals were quite loud from 22-01Z, but
activity waned after 2330Z. 15 was open to spots all over FL Saturday but it was
spotty, probably some Es to certain northern areas. My last 15M Q was at 1925Z,
the band died. Sunday 20M was about as perfect as I could hope for with decent
signals all day long with slight decline mid day. 15 was miserable, open at best
moment to Ft. Myers and south with a few scatter signals. I missed K4OJ/M on 15
in DAD catching them just crossing into MON.

Many thanks to all of the mobiles, no time now for detailed stats, but K4OJ,
AD4EB, AD4ES, K8MR, N4AO, N4CW, W4AN, and N2BA provided a huge number of QSO's.
Many, many thanks and a special thank you to John and Jeff operating W4AN/M for
QSY's for those much needed phone mults! I must have missed K4TCG operating
outside of the 20M mobile window at times, but worked them several times late
Sunday. I had 65 counties worked at the end of Saturday, but nothing new until
W4AN gave me FRA on both modes, CW at 1936Z. Then AD4EB set up on the
Holmes/Washington line giving me WAG for the sweep at 2018Z. Later I worked
K4TCG on the same line on 20 and 40. Franklin was the rarest. I added 2-3 new
counties late Sunday on 20 SSB by just CQ'ing.

I executed pretty well this time, never spending a long time on SSB without a
check for CW mobiles and kept breaks fairly short. The great activity was a
pleasant surprise after somewhat of a collapse in the MIQP and ONQP when the
noise was bad also. Many thanks for all of the calls and QSO's. The mobiles keep
you in the chair!

73, Jeff