[3830] FlQP AD4EB SO Mobile+DriverCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP AD4EB SO Mobile+DriverCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 May 2023 15:24:27 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2023

Call: AD4EB
Operator(s): AD4EB
Station: AD4EB

Class: SO Mobile+DriverCW LP
QTH: FL

--------------------
Total:  3406    0  CW Mults = 74  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 1,008,176

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

This was our 3rd time operating mobile in the FLQP, and we beat our previous
high score from 2021.  Our claimed QSO count was down slightly (25 QSOs) but was
more than made up by 6 more multipliers.  We were concerned that the recent
solar storms were going to be a problem, but we lucked out with the timing.
Band conditions were excellent during most of the trip.

We had heavy rain and thunderstorms on Saturday which made driving a challenge,
but Melody did a fantastic job driving and navigating through them. We were able
to stay mostly on schedule, and operated from all planned 49 counties. The route
included parking on 6 county lines which had a big part in boosting our score
this year.

The pileups were pretty crazy as expected, it sure would have helped if folks
would have spread out a bit more.  Those that did spread out were worked first,
but often I had to repeat the exchange because my signal was getting covered up.
 I certainly do enjoy the challenge and excitement of the really big pileups,
but as I manage to work thru them, I'm often watching my rates drop at the same
time.  But if it was not for the pileups, mobile contesting would not be much
fun.

Below is the list of stations that worked us more than 30 times.  Wow Laci OM2VL
was really on top of his game, congratulations!  Mark WB9HFK did really good
tracking us, he was right there as we entered many counties.  And Charles, Lar,
and Craig all had huge signals.

OM2VL (68) - 20 were on 15m
WB9HFK (51)
K3WW (48)
K7SV (47)
K9CT (46)
N7IR (45)
NM2A (44)
K9CW (42)
K4RO (40)
K3WJV (38)
VE3YT (38)
N8II (37)
KM5G (34)
W5TM (34)
K4QS (33)
W1TO (33)
KA6BIM (32)
W8WVU (32)
WA6KHK (32)

My supportive wife Melody deserves most of the credit for our 1M point score.
Thanks Melody for driving our new Kia Carnival 984 miles around Florida while I
got to play radio in the back. You are the amazing.

We appreciate everyone that worked us in the contest. And thanks to the FCG
(especially Chris NX4N, Dan K1TO, and Chris W4WF) for having us in your
beautiful state contesting for the third time.  This was our highest score so
far score in a QSO party, Florida sure does knows how to pull off a QSO party!

73 - Jim AD4EB and Melody KI4HVY