[3830] Gagarin DX WA2VYA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa2vya@msn.com
Subject: [3830] Gagarin DX WA2VYA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2023 23:42:16 +0000
                    Yuri Gagarin International DX Contest - 2023

Call: WA2VYA
Operator(s): WA2VYA
Station: WA2VYA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CEDAR CREEK TX
Operating Time (hrs): 2.2

   20:   13            9
   15:   18            7
   10:
  Sat:
---------------------------
Total:   31     0      0  Total Score = 1,968

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

IC-756PROIII Tokyo HyPower HL-550FX 400 Watts output

I was on the radio late at night and noticed 20m was open over the North Pole,
Japan and Southeast Asia.

UP0L was very LOUD here in Texas on 20m CW after 0700 UTC.  I jumped in and
started working stations in the GC and JIDXCW contests.

Despite immediately updating to the latest version, my computer logging program
did not like alphabet characters for the ITU Zones required (the special
stations in the GC were using two letter abbreviations instead of ITU Zones).
My computer locked up.

I shut it down and used pen and paper after the fourth QSO.

73 Frank WA2VYA Cedar Creek, Bastrop County, Texas USA