[3830] VaQP K4Z(@N4HB) M/SFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, henry.boze@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP K4Z(@N4HB) M/SFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 15:25:46 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party - 2023

Call: K4Z
Operator(s): N4HB K1EEE AB4SF
Station: N4HB

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: VA

  160:    0      0      0
   80:  147     83      0
   40:  281    216      0
   20:  219    188      0
   15:    8     13      0
   10:   12      4      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  UHF:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  667    504      0  Mults = 157  Total Score = 293,904

I lost my Cushcraft X-7 triband beam at 83 feet several weeks ago to a cabling
issue at the top of the tower, so we had to run on wire antennas for 20, 15 and
10 the whole weekend. Not a good situation to maintain runs, particularly on 15
and 10! But, we did the best we could with what we had this year and mainly
stayed on the 80-20 meter bands.

Thanks to all the mobile stations that took time out of their weekend activating
cities and counties. And, thanks to the Sterling Park ARC for another fun
contest weekend! It has become a very popular QSO Party, one of the top in the
country, with a lot of world wide participation.

This years setup:

FlexRadio 6600M Transceiver
FlexRadio Tuner Genius XL
FlexRadio PGXL KW Amplifier

Antennas:

All band, 132 foot balanced feed dipole, at 50 feet.
40 Meter full size vertical
40-10 Meter End-Feed wire @ 35 feet.

Side Note:
I'm baffled as to how big cities in VA with a large number of Amateurs, like
Richmond and Petersburg, never have anyone on the air during the VA QSO Party.
Except for a mobile that happens to be travelling through them, there is no
fixed activity, and it's been like that for a number of years.