[3830] ARRLDX CW OT6M M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pc5a@veron.nl
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OT6M M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:48:13 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC PC5A
Station: OT6M

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 3
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

   40:  109    22
   10:   27    16
-------------------
Total:  136    38  Total Score = 15,504

Station:  Flexradio 6600
Antennas: OB2-40, OB11-3.

Our first try with the new Flexradio 6600 where Frank-ON9CC was at home and
Aurelio-PC5A was operating remote from two locations.
There is still a steep learning curve to go through before we get at the level
we want to be (coming from an in-band two transceiver setup).
So far we got N1MM working with the flex as well as seeing both PC's (the one at
the Flex and the one remote via WAN). CW is easy since you don't need to worry
about PTT. Aurelio operated remotely and got used to not hearing the side-tone.
As long as one uses the keyboard for CW TX that is fine... Using a parallel
keyer would be impossible without a side-tone.

Next steps are getting SSB to work with remote PTT with a foot-switch using a
RS232 interface.

CU in ARRL SSB.

Aurelio PC5A
Frank   ON9CC