[3830] CQ160 SSB K4GIG Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KI4KWR@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K4GIG Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:11:26 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K4GIG
Operator(s): KI4KWR AB4BT AG4OS KJ4DWX
Station: K4GIG

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MADISON, AL

Total:  QSOs = 86  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 1  Total Score = 5,704

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Location: Madison, AL
Radios: Elecraft K3 w/KPA-500
Logging Software: N1MM
TX Antenna: Cushcraft MA-160V Vertical
RX Antenna: BOG

Contest conditions were not too bad both Friday and Saturday evening into the
morning. This Shack is a vertical only setup so we worked what we could hear off
the 160m vertical and the BOG. Only one DX contact made but could not hear the
EU stations as the Super Station could.

Saturday during the day we did some 160m antenna work and got it good from
1820-1920khz with little tuner needed and leaving it that way for the future.
Also checked over the BOG and planning on building a bigger one for next
season.

We always use Contest weekends as training and team building exercises and as
always several came by and worked the station even if for less than a hour.

73,
Steve KI4KWR