[3830] CQ160 SSB N4SS(W5MX) Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bydal@roadrunner.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4SS(W5MX) Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 14:46:35 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N4SS
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: KY

Total:  QSOs = 530  State/Prov = 47  Countries = 16  Total Score = 78,561

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Originally planned on just operating a few hours Friday night after a trip down
to prep the station a bit for ARRL DX SSB next weekend. Juan AC6ZM came by late
Friday evening while passing through the area. I hit the sack around mid-night
(was tired from the day at work)and let Juan operate a few hours with his call.
Ended up doing stuff around the contest station all day and next thing you know
it was late afternoon. The xyl was busy with our daughter and granddaughter so
figured I would just stay and give it heck Saturday night. Ended up going at it
most of the night. I ran low power as in the last couple of contests, definitely
a challenge. Sure is easier to just bring the rig down to the station and set up
rather than adding the Alpha amp as well. Less stuff to move around!
Luckily I get out fairly well on 160 so LP not as bad as it could be. Certainly
harder to work EU and other DX from KY with 100w on SSB, especially with
conditions not as good as we climb the solar cycle.
In any case, always a pleasure. Although it was SSB and not CW, I still had a
good time and a couple of small rag chew QSO's during the contest as well.
Thank You all for the Q's,
Bryan W5MX/N4SS