[3830] ARRLDX CW TO4A(VE3DZ) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rigexpert.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW TO4A(VE3DZ) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 00:35:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: TO4A
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: FM5BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Martinique
Operating Time (hrs): 43:30
OpMode: SO2R

  160:  228    40
   80:  556    55
   40:  998    59
   20: 1227    58
   15: 1386    59
   10: 1340    59
-------------------
Total: 5735   330  Total Score = 5,672,700

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

First of all, congratulation to Nate N4YDU on his clean and deserved win! What
can I say, a great operator at the very well engineered station and at the right
time. Very impressive first hour on 10 m!
Also, congrats to my friends Tom, 8P5A and Filipe, CR6K. Never heard Tom during
the contest but heard Filipe many times, and the signal here becomes stronger
and stronger every year.
As for me, let say it's not my year. Made 1,150 QSO less than last year having
supposedly better conditions...
Technical problem at the start led to limited SO2R operation for the 3/4 of the
Contest time. Thanks to Laurent, FM5BH who fixed that problem on Sunday, and I
had pretty strong finish. Also, RX antenna for 160 m failed, therefore pretty
weak score on that band.
Another problem - I'm still recovering after my knee surgery (2 months ago) and
recovery is not going as fast as I would have wanted, which affected my time in
the chair.So, finally kind of lost motivation and even slept for 4 hours on the
2nd night.
As usual, a lot of dupes, especially when someone spots you with the wrong call.
It's still a mystery to me what drives some people to rush with wrong call, and
then others - to come back and work you again without thinking, despite the fact
that they work you on this very frequency just few minutes ago.
The high bands were hot, I'm sure it was a record breaking weekend.
I hope everybody had fun.
Thanks again for Laurent FM5BH and his beautiful wife Micheline for hosting me.
CU next year.