[3830] ARRLDX CW KA9FOX SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KA9FOX SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2023 18:15:28 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 15:15

  160:   25    17
   80:   48    37
   40:  172   516
   20:  114    63
   15:  118   354
   10:  137   411
-------------------
Total:  614   325  Total Score = 598,650

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Due to antenna damage, the only working antennas here are a G5RV (10-80) and a
160m inverted vee.  Unfortunately, the G5RV is 4:1 SWR on 10m and does not work
at all on 15m (so I was forced to use the 160m vee)

I was hesitant to put much power into the G5RV, but in the end, risked up to
about 1kw and it seemed to work OK. At least nothing melted that I'm aware of.
It does have a pretty beefy balun.

As everyone has stated, amazing conditions. I don't even want to think about how
good it could have been with a yagi on 10 thru 40.

73 - Scott KA9FOX

Radio:  Flex 6600
Amp:   SPE Expert 1.3k-fa w/auto-tuner
Antennas: