[3830] ARRLDX CW K3STX SOUAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rochep@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3STX SOUAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 21:14:50 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K3STX
Operator(s): K3STX
Station: K3STX

Class: SOUAB HP
QTH: MD

   80:    3     3
   40:  139    59
   20:   12    12
   15:   32    21
   10:  615    84
-------------------
Total:  801   179  Total Score = 430,137

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

WOW!!!!!  THAT WAS AMAZING!!!

I was hoping to get a couple of new zones on 80, but my 80/160 vertical had
sky-high SWR! Started on 10M and it was SO GREAT I decided to really focus on
10M for the rest of the contest. It was SO GREAT! Europe was open from before 8
am here till after 3 pm. I worked more Japanese stations than Italians, that is
crazy for me. After hearing BY and JA on the first night, and not working them,
I threw up a dedicated dipole for 10M pointing right at JA. Paid off!! JA/BY
must be in a null in my multi-band dipole because at 30 feet this new dipole
worked great. No tower here, but I think I will buy a small 3 el yagi and hang
it from tree branch for next years contests; being able to AIM at the DX was
great.

My HP was 300 watts, that's all I could get out. I don't think it mattered much
on 10, worked lots of QRP and 100 watt European and Japanese stations. There
will be some amazing 10M scores.

Paul
TS-590S/300W amp
100' long ladder-line dipole up 40 feet (orient N/S)
10M dipole up 30 feet (for JA)