[3830] RTTY WPX W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 00:50:19 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 21.1

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

STATION W8QZA:

Radio: Yaesu FT-817, 5 Watts

Antennas:
  10-15-20 Meters: 3 el Stepp-IR up 32 feet
  40 Meters: 1/4 wave vertical with 3 radials
  40 & 160 Meters: DX-LB trap dipole up 30 feet
  80 Meters: Inverted L with 2 radials

Very good condx let me get a higher score than last year in 2/3 the operating
time. There was a lot going on here with hosting family dinner, watching
grandsons, and unexpected visitors kept my op time down to 21.1 hours. But I
made sure those hours were during the best contesting hours.

My most unusual QSO was finding V55Y calling blank CQs on 10 Meters and getting
him on 1 call. But getting C37N on 15 was also pretty good for me. I think it
was my first C3 in a few years and I had to look it up to remember what it was
....which may say more about my memory!

I had a DXCC of 42 and a WAZ of 24.  I worked 50 European Qs compared to only 5
last year.

My biggest disappointment was hearing 9N7AA with good, workable signals on 10 M
Saturday evening and not being able to work him!

See you in the ARRL CW!  73,  Bill  W8QZA-W6QU