[3830] RTTY WPX K7NT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mconatore@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K7NT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 05:53:21 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: K7NT
Operator(s): K7NT
Station: K7NT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:20

Club: Spokane DX Association

Comments:

I don't think I have ever spent any time in a RTTY contest. I made a few RTTY
QSOs back in the 1990s but never in a contest. It was very interesting and
enjoyable. I sat down in front of the rig about 9 PM Friday evening and decided
to get the Icom 7610 on RTTY. Learned a lot about the 7610 and about computer
interfacing. I used N1MM+ and MTTY with EXTFSK and after fiddling around a bit,
reading and watching Youtube videos it started copying RTTY. (The 7610 can do
that on its own and that was a 1 minute deal to figure that out). A bit more
fiddling and it was able to transmit and I started working a few on 40 and 1 or
2 on 80. Saturday morning 15 was lively and it was easy to work Europe with my
2-300 watts to the Greyline Flagpole antenna. Goofed off with it off and on
Saturday and will look forward to doing more RTTY contesting!
73,
Mike K7NT