[3830] MnQP W0M(@W9MVA/M) Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP W0M(@W9MVA/M) Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 22:22:06 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2023

Call: W0M
Operator(s): KA9FOX N9ETD N9FDE
Station: W9MVA/M

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Houston County, MN

  160:
   80:      79       66
   40:     125      260
   20:     138      282
   15:      16       26
   10:       2       55
-------------------------
Total:     360      689  Mults = 113  Total Score = 237,074

Club: Mississippi Valley Amateur Radio Assn

Comments:

For the third year in a row, the Mississippi Valley Amateur Radio Association
(MVARA), located in La Crosse, WI, drove its full-size Emergency Communications
bus across the state line, to Houston County, MN, to participate in the
Minnesota QSO Party.

The MVARA EmComm bus was setup in the parking lot of WXOW-TV near La Crescent,
MN.  Antennas were dipoles for 80m, 40m, 20m and an 80-10 OCF, all supported by
portable towers.

One of our members, Dan W9FCC, has posted some pictures of the event here:
https://danielmckenzie.smugmug.com/Amateur-Radio/02-04-2023-MNQP

By participating in the Minn QSO Party, the club is able to practice antenna and
station setup in less-than-ideal conditions (a lot colder than Field Day!),
allow club members the opportunity to practice their contesting (thus traffic
handling) skills, shake out any bugs and find new ways to improve the emcomm bus
setup, and best of all, enjoy the camaraderie between club members.  Friday
night setup was especially frigid, with the wind chill near -15F. In all, 15
members were involved in preparation, setup, operating and take down:

K0WLO
K2BTW
KA9FOX
KB9NNE
KC9NOJ
KD9GVS
KD9TMZ
N9ETD
N9FDE
N9LG
N9MOE
W9DXE
W9FCC
WA9TS
WQ9C

Multipliers included 54 US states/VE provs, 58 MN counties and the 1 DX mult
allowed (we actually worked 15 different countries in EU and SA).  Our raw score
is up about 5k from last year, and up 37k from 2021 (our first try).

Congrats to AC0W and NG0C on a record-breaking multi-op effort from AC0W's QTH!
We knew going in we did not stand a chance, but pushed ourselves to do the best
we could, either way!

The W0M log is being uploaded to LoTW and paper cards are being created for
anyone wanting a paper QSL to confirm a contact.